Resident Screening Criteria and Disclosure
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CHARGED A $50.00 APPLICATION FEE PER ADULT (18 OR OLDER)
THE APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND ALL DISPUTES ARE LITIGATED
Before you apply for a home, read the following information concerning the approval process. If you have any questions contact the Application Hotline: 866-956-1714
- The application, background information, credit scores, rental history, criminal history, and employment verification will be viewed by TierOne Authorized Employees, and possibly the Property Owner.
- Multiple Applications May Be Reviewed in Choosing a Tenant
- Each adult over 18 has to complete a separate application form. It would be in your best interest to confirm that your rental requirements are not outside of our tenant criteria with multiple adult roommates, eviction history, foreclosures, bankruptcies, job loss, minimal income, low credit scores (below 620), unusual pets, large pets, multiple pets, multiple families, or anything that would cause your application to be rejected.
- We do not pre-screen Applications. Applicants are required to pre-screen themselves with the following criteria and will need to meet the requirements below.
- PETS: With your application we require a PetScreening profile created at PetScreening.com of each animal that will be on the property. Email the completed profile to: Applications@TierOneRE.com
We encourage you to only apply if you meet the below criteria:
APPLICATION PROCESS & SCREENING CRITERIA
TierOne Real Estate is committed to equal housing and we fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act (FFHA). We do not discriminate against persons because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, or age. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws. We offer application forms to everyone who requests one. Each occupant over the age of 18 must complete an application and pay the $50.00 application fee. Approval is based on SEVEN factors:
- Credit History
- Employment Verification and History
- Income Verification
- Rental Verification and History
- Criminal Background Check
- Terrorist Database Search
- Animal Criteria
IDENTIFICATIONEach applicant is required to provide a copy of a legible Government issued photo identification card. A photo of your identification card can be sent to: Applications@TierOneRE.com. Examples: Drivers License, Social Security Card, Green Card, or Passport.
INCOME VERIFICATIONIncome should be at least three (3) times the monthly rent and verifiable from an unbiased source: employer through pay stubs, tax returns, and/or bank statements. Self-employed income may also be verified with a CPA-prepared financial statement or tax returns. Your employment history should reflect at least 6 months with your current employer. Transfers or relocations must have correspondence showing an accepted job offer. Any verification fees required by the employer must be paid by applicant. Applicants who do not meet the above employment or income requirements must submit Savings Account statements showing a minimum average balance equal to 8 months of rental payments, for the last 6 months.
EMPLOYMENTWe require verifiable employment history for at least the past three (3) years. You must be a permanent employee (not temporary or probationary). If you are self-employed, retired, or not employed, we can accept such documents as signed tax returns (2 years minimum), bank statements, etc. that provide proof of applicant’s ability to pay the rent. If military, we need a current copy of your LES. If you are active-duty military, you must be on an assignment that, to the best of your knowledge, will allow you to complete an initial 12-month lease.
RESIDENCE HISTORYWe require verifiable residence history for at least three (3) years whether you currently own or rent. Applicants are responsible for providing information including the names, addresses and phone numbers, of Landlords with the dates of tenancy for the previous 3-5 years. Rental history must be verified from unbiased sources. Home ownership will be verified from a current credit report. We can accept base housing as rental history. Any evictions within the previous 5 years will be automatic grounds for denial. Broken leases will be considered on a case-by-case basis and an additional security deposit may be required.
CREDIT HISTORYWe will obtain a copy of your tenant credit score from TransUnion. You cannot provide this to us, we will obtain this ourselves. Credit history should show that the resident has paid bills on time and does not have a history of debt “write-offs” or accounts that have gone into collection. Money owed to a previous landlord or utility company is cause for denial.
REASONS FOR DENIAL OF APPLICATION
Below are the main reasons your application could be denied:
- If you failed to give proper notice when vacating a property.
- If previous landlord(s) would be unwilling to rent to you again for reasons pertaining to your behavior or that of any family member, guest (welcome or not), your pets, or any animal on the property during your tenancy.
- If you have had three or more late payments of rent within the last 12 months.
- If you have an unpaid collection filed against you by a Property Management Company.
- If an unlawful detainer action or eviction has occurred within the past five (5) years.
- If you have recently received a 3-day notice to vacate.
- If you have less than a 620-credit score.
- If you have had two (2) or more NSF checks within the last 12 months.
- If you have allowed any person(s), not on the lease, to reside on the premises.
- If we are unable to verify your information, we must deny the application.
- No Businesses operated from property. If you have a home-based Business that you think we might approve, please let the Property Manager know.
- If you violate any of our terms of service during this application process.
TENANT LIABILITY INSURANCE
All Residents are required to maintain property damage liability insurance on behalf of the Owner and Property Manager. Coverage is required in the amount of One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00) for damage to both Owner’s and third parties’ property with the provisions covering at least the perils of fire, smoke, explosion, accidental water discharge and sewer backup. Residents are required to name the Property Manager as an “Interested Party”. Such a policy shall be written not contributing with, and not in excess of coverage that Owner may carry, and must waive all rights of subrogation against Owner and Property Manager. It is agreed that Owner carries insurance for its protection, and that the Resident is not a beneficiary of such insurance. Resident shall be responsible to Owner for all costs of repair for damages as stated in the Lease regardless of existing Owner insurance.
Residents may OPT OUT of purchasing this required insurance through Owner’s preferred insurance provider at any time by providing written proof of ALL three following items:
ONE – Provide Evidence of Required Insurance levels showing Policy is in effect, when it will start & end, and who is named on the policy.
TWO - The Property Manager must be named as an “Additionally Interested” party on the insurance binder.
THREE - The Tenant Liability coverage has to be equal to or greater than $100,000 per occurrence. Unless a Resident Opts Out of this insurance by following the steps above, a Tenant Liability policy will be automatically provided to the Resident for $15.00 per month.
INFORMATION ON ANIMALSRental Criteria for Animals: Animal policies vary from one homeowner to another. Some owners do not permit animals, while others restrict type and/or size of allowable animals. No more than two animals per household are permitted without specific owners’ approval. Property Insurance Companies do not allow certain breeds of dogs, either purebred or mixed. Therefore, dogs fully or partially of the following breeds will be rejected: Akita, American Bulldog, Bullmastiff, Mastiff, Chow, Doberman, German Shepherd, Husky, Presa Canario, Pit Bull, Siberian Husky, Staffordshire Terrier, "Wolf Dog", Bull Terrier, Pit Bull Terrier, Rottweiler and any combination of these breeds. Tenants may be evicted for misrepresenting any of the above type of dog, as well as for being in possession of any poisonous, dangerous, endangered species or otherwise unauthorized animal. Our animal policies are strictly enforced and can be grounds for eviction. Special consideration is given to “Service Animals” that assist a tenant with special medical needs (proper and current documentation needed for verification). Other Pets: No Aquariums larger than 10 Gallons allowed. And no ferrets, reptiles or rodents of any kind are permitted. Standard Animal Fees and Deposits: Lease Signing: $300.00 Animal Administration Fee Per Approved Animal. Monthly: $50.00 Animal Administration Fee Per Approved Animal.
PET SCREENING PROFILESWe require with your application, a PetScreening profile created at PetScreening.com of each animal that will be on the property. Email the completed profile to: Applications@TierOneRE.com
SMOKINGNO SMOKING is permitted inside the home or garage at any property at any time. This is strictly enforced and has led to eviction.
DISABLED ACCESSIBILITYAny concerns should be submitted in writing to the property manager. We must obtain Owner approval to allow modification of the premises. All modifications are at the expense of the disabled person, and the disabled person must agree to restore the premises, at their own expense to the pre-modified condition (provided the modification would affect the use and enjoyment of the premises for future residents). We require written proposals detailing the extent of the work to be done, approval from the landlord before modifications are made, appropriate building permits with required licenses made available for the landlord's inspection, and a restoration deposit may be required per Fair Housing guidelines.
SEX OFFENDERSApplicants should satisfy their concerns regarding crime statistics or the presence of any sex offenders in the area, before submitting an application. This information is available free of charge on the internet at the following sites: www.communitynotification.com ***WE DO NOT RENT HOMES TO REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS***
OCCUPANCYThe number of occupants may not exceed 2 persons per bedroom and comply with local governing agency limitations.
ERRORS AND OMISSIONSEvery effort has been made to provide applicants with reliable and accurate information regarding the home you are applying for – however, changes can and do take place to cause inaccurate information to be accidentally presented. We encourage all tenants to verify schools, allowable pets, expected features, or any HOA concerns prior to signing a lease agreement. Any information posted in the MLS advertisement does NOT constitute a written agreement or guarantee of the facts stated.
START OF LEASE
VACANT HOMES - TierOne has a policy that all leases on vacant homes must begin within 14 days of application approval. We are unable to hold the home rent free without a lease agreement longer than that time.
OCCUPIED HOMES - TierOne will typically advertise a first available date with all of the homes we manage. In some cases, those dates will need to change due to circumstances beyond our control. We ask the approved incoming tenant be flexible in some cases. We understand the burden this can create and strive to advertise a solid date so incoming tenants can plan accordingly.
OPTIONAL: Move-In with Lockbox Access As an optional feature during the lease process and move in of your new home, we can offer the convenience of gaining access for the first time without having to check out keys from our office. With this optional program, tenants may gain access to their new home through our lockbox for an optional additional charge of $25.00. A separate form will be sent to you for review and signature during the lease approval process.
MONTHLY RESIDENT BENEFITS PACKAGEThe TierOne Resident Benefits Package (RBP) delivers savings and convenient, professional services that make taking care of your home second nature. By applying, Applicant agrees to be enrolled and to pay the applicable cost of $35/month, payable with rent. Your RBP may include, subject to property mechanicals or other limitations: Changing filters, Utility concierge service, Resident Rewards program, Credit building, $1M Identity Protection, 24/7 Online maintenance, Home buying assistance, ACH payments, On-Line Payments, Tenant Portal Access, Electronic Statements, Vetted vendor network, and Refer a Friend Program.
What Our Tenants Want You to Know
TierOne Real Estate conducts periodic walk-throughs of the home you will live in.
We take pictures of the interior and exterior of the home during those walk-through’s. This information is kept on record and shared with the owner. If this standard walk through procedure is going to cause you a problem – we recommend you stop now and do not apply for one of our homes.
Non-Disparagement / Representations.
The OWNER, TENANT and PROPERTY MANAGER have contractually agreed, that each is prohibited from making disparaging remarks/statements or publications regarding the other to any third party, internet, web-based, cloud based, or “review” type publication site. If the remark and/or publication is not removed within 72 hours of notification, the damages for failure to comply shall be $300 per day for each remark, statement, or representation. Enforcement of this provision is appropriate through a temporary restraining order and/or injunctions and permanent injunctions. This provision shall survive the termination, expiration or cancellation of the lease and agreement.
During the last 30 days of your lease agreement...
A sign and lockbox may be placed on the home and you will be required to show the home to prospective new tenants. You may opt out of this arrangement, but it will cost an additional fee of one month’s rent to do so.
TierOne is a ZERO TOLERANCE company in regards to rent collection.
Rent is due the 1st of each month, late the 3rd of each month. Late fees begin midnight on the 3rd of the month and will continue to accrue until paid. If rent has not been paid by that point, late fees will be applied with no exceptions. We encourage all tenants to pay via our online system for the most secure and traceable method of payment.
Site Un-Seen Application and Approval.
It is possible to apply for the home, be approved, and sign a lease agreement without ever seeing one of our homes in person. In such a scenario, we require an incoming approved tenant to sign a Site Un-Seen Addendum to the Lease Agreement. In that form, we ask you name a “Trusted Advisor” outside of TierOne Real Estate who has offered you their opinion of the condition of the home.
$35/month Resident Benefits Package:
The TierOne Resident Benefits Package (RBP) delivers savings and convenient, professional services that make taking care of your home second nature. By applying, Applicant agrees to be enrolled and to pay the applicable cost of $35/month, payable with rent. Your RBP may include, subject to property mechanicals or other limitations:
- Changing filters, a known tenant responsibility, is now as easy as opening the front door. For our properties with HVAC, we’ve made every effort to ensure your obligation to change the filter(s) is as easy as possible by having them delivered to your door approximately every 90 days, or as required by your system. This service helps you save up to $250 per year, improves your indoor air quality, and reduces the hassles and liability of repairs.
- Utility concierge service: one call set up your general utility services, cable, and internet services – all at the best price available.
- A resident rewards program that helps you earn rewards for just enrolling and paying your rent on time; enjoy saving on everyday expenses for a premier rental experience.
- Credit building to help boost your credit score with timely rent payments.
- $1M Identity Protection for all adult leaseholders complete with a US-based Identity Restoration Specialist.
- 24/7 online maintenance reporting aimed at making reporting those pesky maintenance issues easy and timely.
- Home buying assistance for when the time is right to buy your “forever” home.
- Easy access to your account, documents, and communication resources through our convenient online portal.
- We know you’re busy, so choose from a variety of ways to make your rental payments online.
- Vetted vendor network: we find the technicians, and you can feel comfortable knowing they are reputable, licensed, and insured.
- Refer a Friend Program: Current Tenants may be eligible to receive $100 toward rent by referring qualified applicants.
NOTE: The total monthly cost of the Resident Benefits Package is all-inclusive, and no discounts will be given if any element of the package is unavailable due to a lack of HVAC or another limitation at a specific property.
Key Points Summarized
- The $50.00 application fee per adult is NON-REFUNDABLE. Upon completion of your Application, you will be notified in writing of your Approval / Denial / or Offer of Other Terms within 2-3 Business Days.
- Your application can be cancelled – WITHOUT REFUND – for failing to abide by the above guidelines and terms as stated above.
- Combined Credit Scores of LESS THAN 620 may incur additional Risk Mitigation Fees.
- You may apply and rent this home Site Un-Seen with certain stipulations.
- All ANIMALS must complete a pet profile at PetScreening.com and be disclosed on the application.
- There is a $50.00 Per Month Animal Administration Fee Per Approved Animal.
- There is a $35.00 Monthly Resident Benefit Package Fee.
- All OCCUPANTS must be disclosed on the application.
- Social media disparagement will cost you $300 + attorney fees. We simply administrate the contract between Tenant and Owner.
- Home Owners Association concerns are the responsibility of the Applicant.
- There is NO SMOKING inside any of the homes or garages.
- Tenant Liability Insurance is REQUIRED and may be obtained through TierOne for $15.00 per month, per home.
Please view our Resident Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Page for additional resident information.