Skip to main content

Utah Property Management Blog

Property Management Maintenance Information

Property Management Maintenance Information

Please read all the information before submitting a maintenance request.

At TierOne Property Management, your maintenance request is important to us, and we would like to see it taken care of as quickly as possible. We have created these instructions to facilitate the reporting of all maintenance to our office, even after-hours. Please be sure to read all of the information on this page before submitting your request. The more information we have about you and your maintenance problem, the more efficiently we will be able to address the issue.


  1. BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR REQUEST, check to see if there is something that could be causing what APPEARS to be a repair problem. Examples of this specifically are listed below. Be sure to read these examples carefully.
    • Fire, flood and/or uncontrollable water, electrical problems, smell of gas, etc.
    • Emergencies causing immediate danger such as fire call 911
    • Emergencies involving IMMEDIATE electrical danger, call the utility service.
    • Emergencies such as backed up plumbing, flooding, call the TierOne Property Management emergency number at 866-349-6072, and listen for emergency instructions and if necessary, call 911.
    • Loss of heat or air conditioning is not an emergency – TierOne Property Management recognizes this is a priority item and will make it a priority with the vendors to have the heat working as soon as possible.
    • An emergency is not air-conditioning, non-working dishwasher, sprinklers, etc.


  1. The oven does not work. Check the time bake to be sure the settings on the unit are not preventing the oven from turning on. An oven set on time bake WILL NOT HEAT.
  2. Air-conditioner does not work. Check ALL circuit breakers often during hot weather or if a circuit breaker overloads, it will trip off the circuit A/C breaker. Often it is difficult to see that the breaker is tripped and it will look like it is not. Therefore, the breaker must be turned all the way off and then all the way on. The breaker must be turned all the way off because it will not “reset” itself to correct the problem.
  3. Garbage disposal does not work. Check underneath on the disposal unit for the reset button that may need to be reset. If something is stuck & the blades do not turn, try putting a broom handle down the disposal & give it a twist. This will often break the disposal loose & it will work. Be sure garbage disposal is turned OFF while doing this.
  4. Electrical does not work in part of the house. Patio, kitchen or the bathroom. Check reset button on GFCI (Ground fault interrupter). Circuit breakers keeping going off. Check all appliances to see if the circuits are being overloaded with appliances such as irons, microwave, toaster, curling irons, blow dryers, etc.
  5. Smoke alarm doesn’t work or intermittently chirp. If new battery does not work, call in a work order. Tenants are responsible for the replacement of batteries and will be charged a minimum of $65 for replacement. Notify Management if the smoke alarm is inoperable. Remember a smoke alarm is for safety and it is very important to check it regularly to see if it is working.


  • If there is a service call and a breaker is tripped.
  • When oven is on time bake and is not defective.
  • When sewer stoppage is caused by tenant(s) placement of debris in line such as toys, tools, diapers, rags, sanitary napkins, extensive toilet paper, etc.
  • If the Tenant fails to report necessary repairs.
  • If the Tenant fails to meet a vendor at an assigned appointment and there is a vendor charge.
  • If the Tenant’s pet causes damage to the property.
  • If the Tenant reports a repair which does not require service.
  • If the Tenant fails to replace battery for smoke detector or battery for remote door opener and causes a service call for only battery replacement.
  • For replacing doors, jambs, broken glass and/or windows unless the Tenant provides a Police Report detailing the cause of the problem showing forced entry by others.
  • For carpet cleaning while living in and upon vacating the property.
  • For damage, which is caused to the walls, carpets, floors, etc. because the Tenant left the windows or doors open during rain or wind.
  • Any damage to the property caused by Tenant’s guests or invitees.
  • Smoke alarm battery replacement
  • If request involves an appliance, please describe the appliance, including make, model and color. This may help expedite the repair. *Describe problem in detail

    Call 866-349-6072 or access your Resident Portal and submit a maintenance request there. Be sure to provide the full details of the issue, with valid RETURN telephone numbers. Do NOT ask for a specific party – this will slow the process of your request.

    • Explain your problem clearly and calmly, giving your name, telephone numbers & address. A work order will be immediately written for you.
    • Remember, this is a NON-EMERGENCY item and, in most cases, the vendor will not be able to make an appointment immediately.
    • You will be charged a $75 fee for failure to show at an appointment. Therefore, be sure to call if you are unable to make the appointment.
    • If you do not hear from a vendor within 2-3 days, call the TierOne Property Management office and inform them you have not heard from a vendor. A TierOne Property Management staff member will contact the vendor to find out the cause of the delay & inform you as to when service can be expected.
    • If after a repair has been implemented & you are still having difficulty, be sure to call and state you had a recent repair and there is still a problem. Recent repair means within the last 60 days and pest control work means within 30 days. If you fail to report this and there is further damage, you may be responsible for the cost of the damage.
    • Please note: You should receive a response from our office or contact from a vendor within 2-3 days. If you are not contacted, please call 866-349-6072 and speak with a representative.